By using our website, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions laid out below. Please read them carefully:
Please Note: This is a Trade Website and you are entering into an agreement as a Trade/Business Customer (B2B).
These conditions govern all contracts made by South Wales Equipment Ltd (Registered in England & Wales – Registration Number: 11101824) whose trading address is Unit 18a Pant Industrial Estate, Dowlais, Merthyr Tydfil, CF48 2SR for the supply of new and used forklift trucks. “The customer” means the individual or organization who has entered into an agreement to purchase a new or used forklift truck from South Wales Equipment Ltd.
All contracts between South Wales Equipment Ltd and the customer are made on a Business-to-Business basis (B2B). As a result, South Wales Equipment Ltd will only enter into contracts with sole traders, partnerships, limited liability companies, limited liability partnerships, public limited companies, government agencies and local authorities.
South Wales Equipment Ltd will not enter into contracts with the general public, consumers or individuals acting for purposes that are wholly or mainly outside that individual’s trade, business, craft or profession.
The content of these terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.
All product prices are shown in Pounds Sterling (£ GBP). All prices exclude delivery and VAT at the prevailing rate unless otherwise stated in writing.
The title of the forklift truck will pass from the South Wales Equipment Ltd to the customer upon receipt of full payment. South Wales Equipment Ltd accepts no liability after the title of the forklift truck is passed onto the customer.
Delivery dates quoted are approximate only and do not form part of the sales contract. However, the company will endeavor to meet the customers’ requirements.
South Wales Equipment Ltd will not be held liable for any costs incurred in the case of deliveries that are unable to be accepted at the destination. For deliveries cancelled less than 24 hours from the scheduled time of loading, South Wales Equipment Ltd reserves the right to charge a cancellation fee.
Loss or damage to forklift trucks in transit must be reported both to the Haulage Company and South Wales Equipment Ltd within three days of the occurrence. South Wales Equipment Ltd does not accept responsibility for any such loss or damage unless the forklift truck has been delivered by its own transport.
Within the fourteen-day period commencing from passage of title of the forklift truck to the customer, South Wales Equipment Ltd will accept return of the forklift truck from the customer and will refund the customer’s purchase cost, provided that the forklift truck is returned in its original sale condition and the following conditions are also met:
1. The customer protecting the forklift truck from damage.
2. The customer operating the forklift truck only for its designed purpose and within its specified capacities.
3. The customer ensuring that the forklift truck is used only by licensed operators.
4. The customer maintaining the forklift truck properly.
The purchase price of the forklift truck will be returned once the forklift truck has arrived at the South Wales Equipment Ltd premises and is inspected with all the above criteria adhered too. Once this is agreed the purchase price will be returned within 28 days.
The cost of returning the forklift truck shall be borne by the customer or, alternatively, the customer may request South Wales Equipment Ltd to arrange collection of the forklift truck and agree that South Wales Equipment Ltd may deduct the cost of collection from the refund amount. Any initial cost of delivery to the customer shall not be considered refundable.
Forklifts sold to trade customers and export customers do not fall within the scope of our returns policy.
6.1 New Forklift Trucks
All new forklift trucks sold by South Wales Equipment Ltd are warranted by their respective manufacturers. Such warranties shall continue for the period warranted to South Wales Equipment Ltd by the manufacturer. Kindly refer to the warranty documentation provided upon purchase.
6.2 Used Forklifts
All used budget forklift trucks are sold on an ‘as is’ basis. It is the responsibility of the customer to conduct their own due diligence and inspect the forklift truck prior to purchase.
7. Warranty Exclusions
South Wales Equipment Ltd WILL NOT accept responsibility under its warranties or guarantees where:
1. Damage or failures caused by accident, misuse, negligence, operation of a product in excess of recommended capacity or operation by an unlicensed operator.
2. Alterations, changes, or modifications made to the machine or any of its components/parts not authorized by South Wales Equipment Ltd, which in the sole judgement of South Wales Equipment Ltd affects the performance, stability or purpose for which it was manufactured.
3. Damage or failures caused by a lack of routine maintenance and scheduled preventive maintenance including but not limited to adjustments, inspections and tune up.
4. Damage or failures caused by neglect or unreasonable delay by the end user, in reporting or the making available of the machine or component for any defect, operating problem or product improvement(s) required by South Wales Equipment Ltd.
5. Daily routine maintenance and scheduled maintenance services including without limitation, normal wear, and consumable items such as: bulbs, seats, lights, coolant, glass, grease fittings, filters, fuses, linings, lubricants, belts, contactor tips, brushes, hoses, bearings, ground engaging parts, tyres, brake pads, forks or other normal wearing and aging parts.
6. Abuse including, without limitation: neglect, improper operation, misapplication, induced contamination, overloading, accident or alterations not approved by South Wales Equipment Ltd.
7. Customers must only use South Wales Equipment Ltd or their appointed agent(s) to service, repair and supply parts. This warranty shall be void if repairs, non-routine servicing or alterations are made by any person or firm not authorized by South Wales Equipment Ltd.
8. Battery Chargers
If a battery charger is provided by South Wales Equipment Ltd, the installation of the battery chargers is not included in the price.
It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that battery chargers are installed by a qualified electrical engineer.
South Wales Equipment Ltd accepts no liability for loss or damage of any kind resulting from the incorrect installation of battery chargers.
9. Force Majeure
South Wales Equipment Ltd shall not be liable for any failure to observe, or breach of any of the terms hereof by reason of Acts of God, war, riots, civil commotions, strikes, lock-outs, trade disputes, fires, breakdowns, interruptions of transport, Government action, prohibition of import or export, delay in delivery by suppliers or any other cause whatsoever beyond its control impending or interfering with the manufacture, use, delivery or carriage of the equipment.
These terms and conditions and all transactions relating to this website are governed by English law and are subject to the non–exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
South Wales Equipment Ltd does not accept amendments to these terms and conditions.
These terms and conditions cover all orders placed with South Wales Equipment Ltd via phone, e-mail or in person.